30 August 2013

Shopping For Homecoming Dresses

Homecoming is one of those occasions that a woman would dress in something classy yet makes a statement. It is where old friendships rekindle and new connections are made. In view of this, it would be a good idea that the ensemble she chooses will reflect her personality or represent her present career. Of course, she would need to take into consideration her body shape so she could wear something that would enhance her great features.

For example, a business woman might choose this outfit when browsing catalogs of homecoming dresses 2013.

I would imagine a nature enthusiast donning this fresh-looking light green dress.

A lady with a girly or feminine personality might choose this dainty and sweet-looking ensemble.

Artists are quirky characters with a need for self-expression, and I think they would stand out in a number like this one.

As healthcare professionals or doctors who are always in scrubs or white coats, my opinion is that they would want an outfit that pops of color, yet would still look professional with a classic silhouette.

Taking into consideration my wide hips, I would choose a dress with an A-line skirt. And because I have a chubby figure, I want my homecoming dress for my university organization's 50th anniversary homecoming party to be forgiving. As a housewife, I would choose something a little simple but still unique and flattering. And of course, it should be age-appropriate and not look like a prom dress. 

This daffodil colored homecoming dress is on top of my list with its pleated charmeuse as an accent in itself.

I love how forgiving this next dress could be. This red chiffon homecoming dress accentuates the shoulders and cleavage, if any. The empire cut might be a bit tricky to pull off since it could make me look pregnant. I would prefer this in another color, though.


My last choice is a black V-neck homecoming dress with beading. The neckline is a tad too deep for me. I just like how black is slimming, and the beads make the dress look elegant. This could make a great little black dress (LBD).

So, what do you think of my choices for a homecoming party? How about you? What kind of dress would you wear to a homecoming?

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to say what you think. Do drop by again! Thank you!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin