23 July 2008

Promoted!


Effective 1st of August of the year 2008 is my promotion from S1 to S2. Yippee! After 2 years and almost 5 months of working with the company, it's nice to see that my efforts are rewarded. Although there are bonuses and increases, a promotion is still a promotion, an advancement in rank or position. Several superiors and colleagues called and sent e-mails to congratulate me. There will of course be an increase in my salary, I just don't know when it will be credited. I know that this is just a minimal increase, in comparison to some who are earning much, but it is not right to compare. This is still a blessing from the Lord that I should be grateful for. The glory does not belong to me, but to God who makes "all things work for the good of those who trust in Him." Maybe this is God's way of telling me to stay with the company. There are many people who jump from company to company when they are slightly dissatisfied with the paycheck or the colleagues. Like what my husband had stated, when I get to other workplaces, will I be sure that there won't be a person there that I dislike? So that isn't a valid reason to tender resignation. It also pays to invest time and effort in one's work, even if it seems that no one is paying attention to your labor, God always sees and knows who are giving their best.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to say what you think. Do drop by again! Thank you!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin