14 July 2009

You're The 1, Goldilocks




Every time I walk by Goldilocks, I see pink and purple, the colors of its Rainbow cake. The only one of its kind in the country and the cake that attracts me the most because I find its colors cute. Another thing special about Goldilocks is that it was a part of my simple childhood.

On Saturdays, when there were no classes, I would go to my Grandpa's and meet up with my cousins. Guess where our favorite snack place was? Goldilocks! I have to admit, I love, love cakes. So, it's a treat for me to be there and try the different cake flavors. I would look long and hard at the cake display while deciding which one to order this time. After putting my orders on a tray, I would walk to our table with a smile and we would start to talk about anything. We would even let each other try our orders. It was fun and relaxing just sitting there, without a care in the world.

Recently, I've taken a liking to Goldilocks' chiffon slices, especially the Double Dutch flavor, with the icing, chocolate chips and marshmallows sandwiched between two different flavored cakes-marble and chocolate. Yummy!

This, I gotta say, "You're the 1 Goldilocks, because you satisfy the Filipino's craving for food variety and good conversations."

4 comments:

  1. When I was a kid, I lived in California, and Goldilocks was also my favorite bakery. Although there are a ton of awesome bakeries here in NY, it's just not the same as Goldilocks. It's probably just the mere motion of Goldilocks and how it triggers such sweet memories of my childhood, but I really do miss it.

    Recent blog post: Crimson and Truth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know Godilocks. But I do know you were making my mouth water describing a wonderful dessert.

    Recent blog post: Maya’s Dancing Exercise Class

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I ever tried Goldilocks when I lived in California. Sounds like they're wonderful though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Godd for excellent conversations indeed. :)

    Recent blog post: You're the 1, Goldilocks

    ReplyDelete

You are welcome to say what you think. Do drop by again! Thank you!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin