14 July 2009

You're The 1, Goldilocks




Every time I walk by Goldilocks, I see pink and purple, the colors of its Rainbow cake. The only one of its kind in the country and the cake that attracts me the most because I find its colors cute. Another thing special about Goldilocks is that it was a part of my simple childhood.

On Saturdays, when there were no classes, I would go to my Grandpa's and meet up with my cousins. Guess where our favorite snack place was? Goldilocks! I have to admit, I love, love cakes. So, it's a treat for me to be there and try the different cake flavors. I would look long and hard at the cake display while deciding which one to order this time. After putting my orders on a tray, I would walk to our table with a smile and we would start to talk about anything. We would even let each other try our orders. It was fun and relaxing just sitting there, without a care in the world.

Recently, I've taken a liking to Goldilocks' chiffon slices, especially the Double Dutch flavor, with the icing, chocolate chips and marshmallows sandwiched between two different flavored cakes-marble and chocolate. Yummy!

This, I gotta say, "You're the 1 Goldilocks, because you satisfy the Filipino's craving for food variety and good conversations."
Blog Widget by LinkWithin