08 December 2009

Note To Self

Since I have limited movements after my operation, I admit I have been lax in my beauty regimen. My skin has been experiencing dry spells lately, especially now that the cool weather is kicking in. I really need to do my favorite ritual as soon as the pain and discomfort are gone. Thanks to a reminder (also a blog contest) from YesNoMeh - a review blog by Josh, my high school classmate and his girlfriend Lizz.

What is my favorite beauty ritual then?
After taking a shower, I put slather on facial moisturizer, most preferably with SPF (I am so liking Olay Total Effects with a touch of foundation SPF 15 at the moment as it makes my face look smoother), if I am going out, and an ordinary moisturizer before bedtime. I plan to switch to a night cream when this moisturizer is all used up. I then apply lotion all over my body, I prefer ones with SPF or UV ray blocker. That's it! It's not much of a beauty ritual, I know, but it makes me feel more of a lady.

Of course I did not skip grooming altogether. I could cut the nails on my hand. It was hard for me to bend down and cut my toenails, so I had a foot spa with a pedicure last Saturday with my friend. It was nice, and since I was already there, I decided to add some color to my toenails, a light shade of purple. I am still deciding what to do with my long permed hair, so I put off cutting it for now. Grooming is quite necessary for a civilized and clean person. If one is unkempt and has long nails, he/she is more prone to attract germs and has the chance to ingest them or pass them on to his/her loved ones. I wouldn't want that to happen!
Blog Widget by LinkWithin