14 January 2013

LED light bulbs are helpful to moms, too!

Do you plan to use LED light bulbs? Do you have LED light bulbs as replacement light bulbs? These are the advantages of LED light bulbs, according to my husband, Rix:
  • Environment-friendly since they don't heat up easily
  • Takes a long time for them to be busted, compared with a CFL
  • Energy-efficient since just a few amperes are consumed
  • The luminosity of LED light bulbs is higher than the usual CFL
Of course, the cost of LED lights are still high since they are not the "mainstream" lights, and the technology used is still fairly new.

You may be wondering why I said that they are helpful to moms.

Since LED lights do not have filaments that heat up, it is okay to keep them turned on for longer periods of time. We use LED bulbs for the lights on the perimeter outside our house in the evening and all throughout the night. This is for safety purposes.

Since my daughter is scared of the dark, she would wake me up or her dad (if her little sister is still breastfeeding while sleeping), just to turn on the light in the bathroom. Sometimes, daddy Rix would be in a bad mood and get angry at her for waking him from his slumber. We have tried the censor light thingy from a hardware store, but I guess the light was too small and it's colored blue, Elle was convinced it's still too dark. The solution is that, as suggested, we decided to keep the light in the bathroom turned on until dawn or until one o-clock in the morning. And so, we changed the CFL's in the bathroom to LED light bulbs. Yay! Problem solved!

Now, I just have to remember to keep it on for her. :-)

20 comments:

  1. my daughter doesnt like sleeping with the lights off too. unlike my son who doesnt really care

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am scared of the dark too. until now i still sleep during the night with my lamp turned on. hihihi

    ReplyDelete
  3. we sleep with a table lamp on so it's easier to fix the baby's milk, hmnnn... might suggest to hubby to use LED lamps instead... :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Someone gave us a rechargeable table lamp with LED lights, it's nice!

      Delete
  4. I too use LED lamps in the house as they are more electric efficient then traditional lightbulbs

    ReplyDelete
  5. LED lights are powerful and bright and last a lot longer than conventional lights this is why many businesses or companies that use a lot of light bulbs have started switching to this style of lighting

    ReplyDelete
  6. We recently change our room lights as well to led. The default lights here in UAE are the yellow ones. But it gives us migraine most of the times. My husband feels a lot nervous with yellow lights too (I don't know if it's just his imagination or what LOL!), so we had it change.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too much of the yellow ones do make me feel dizzy, too. Maybe if you mix yellow with white, it will feel better. :-)

      Delete
  7. I was going to try the LED bulb last time ours conked out but I found it much more expensive and changed my mind. Next time....

    ReplyDelete
  8. We're using LED bulbs at home, too. I suppose they are less costly sa aming bills.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We haven't yet. It's the first time I've heard of it. I've heard of LED shoelaces though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Did my comment disappear? As I was saying, I suppose we could pay a little bit more for the advantages it brings, like safety and more energy efficiency.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for the advice! I'll keep this in mind when we finally move into our own house. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. i will tell this led light to my mom, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for sharing this information, we don't turn off the lights when the kids sleep at night. We wanted to see them as instant as possible, specially when they are sick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I don't like to turn off the lights too when the kids are sick.

      Delete
  14. My son is okay with lights off but still I bought a dim light to make sure he is okay especially when he's sick. Next time, I will consider buying LED. It's a little pricey noh? But I think it's safer and cost effective.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's pricey, but I guess it's worth it especially with LED Christmas lights that won't start a fire.

      Delete
  15. we used to have led light, the dim one at night. Maybe we will try to consider buying LED Bulbs too.

    ReplyDelete

You are welcome to say what you think. Do drop by again! Thank you!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin