20 January 2009

Food Experiment #4

I love potatoes! I would eat potatoes prepared in any way - baked, mashed, au gratin, soup add-on, fried, etc.

While my hubby and I were in the S & R warehouse grocery looking for stuff we need at home, I pushed the cart past the produce aisle and took some potatoes. Then I saw these potato marbles and decided to take that, too.

We were having grilled burgers tonight so I made this dish as a siding. I was inspired by Kenny Rogers' Potato & Parsley that I want to try it.

What I did was:
  • Boil unpeeled potatoes (should be washed thoroughly) in water with salt
  • Heat olive oil in a pan
  • Saute garlic
  • Add the potatoes
  • Melt butter over the potatoes
  • Add dried basil leaves (it was supposed to be fresh parsley, but the nearest market doesn't have it at the moment)
  • Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste
I thought it was pretty yummy. Or is it the potato-lover in me talking? I just don't know how to make the insides more tasteful. Basil leaves went well with it after all. The garlic made it more aromatic.

8 comments:

  1. Mmmmm. That looks yummy! I'm a huge potato fan as well. Last night I made red potatoes similar to those. I mixed the potatoes in baking dish with olive oil, salt, pepper, parsley, minced garlic, melted butter and some parmesan cheese.
    Then baked then for 30 minutes (depending on potato size or if diced) at 350F degrees. YUMMY!



    If I have larger potatoes

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love potatoes too, I don't care what dish it is, if it has potatoes in it, I'll eat it! My kids always freak out at me cuz I'll eat 'em raw with some salt and they think that's so gross.

    One of fav meals is mashed potatoes and corn with lots of butter on both. My eldest keeps telling me that doesn't qualify as a meal, but I'm ok with that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG I love potatoes. I'll eat anything potato, but I guess my favorite is just plain ol' french fries.

    Now my mouth is watering! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Momisodes: That sounds delicious! Potato with cheese is yummy too!

    Jane Doe: You eat raw potatoes? Aren't they hard or something? That's quite unique. I love mashed potatoes, too! Not the instant one.

    Nova-san: Fries are good, but they say it's considered junk food. I hope they're wrong! Hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I admit it, I do eat raw potatoes. I've heard from a few people that this makes me truly Irish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love potatoes too and being a married to a dutch man - I learned tons of ways cooking potatoes;)

    Buzz me if you want some new potato recipes.

    MommaWannabe
    Filipina Blogger
    The Pinay Blogger

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also LOVE potatoes (in any form) and these look soooo yummy! I will have to try them :)

    ReplyDelete

You are welcome to say what you think. Do drop by again! Thank you!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin