20 January 2009

Food Experiment #4

I love potatoes! I would eat potatoes prepared in any way - baked, mashed, au gratin, soup add-on, fried, etc.

While my hubby and I were in the S & R warehouse grocery looking for stuff we need at home, I pushed the cart past the produce aisle and took some potatoes. Then I saw these potato marbles and decided to take that, too.

We were having grilled burgers tonight so I made this dish as a siding. I was inspired by Kenny Rogers' Potato & Parsley that I want to try it.

What I did was:
  • Boil unpeeled potatoes (should be washed thoroughly) in water with salt
  • Heat olive oil in a pan
  • Saute garlic
  • Add the potatoes
  • Melt butter over the potatoes
  • Add dried basil leaves (it was supposed to be fresh parsley, but the nearest market doesn't have it at the moment)
  • Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste
I thought it was pretty yummy. Or is it the potato-lover in me talking? I just don't know how to make the insides more tasteful. Basil leaves went well with it after all. The garlic made it more aromatic.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin