19 January 2010

Hold It Down

Pregnancy is a journey a woman must enjoy. But, right now, I can't help but wish for it to be over and done with.

It was quite, quite different with my first baby. I felt normal, save for the fact that I was enormous. Not just my baby belly, I was "well-rounded" then.


On my 2nd journey, however, I was always nauseous and some odors make me want to throw up. I did so a few times and the feeling I really dislike. Once I even became feverish and cannot eat much. My head and body ached and I was always tired. It wasn't really doctor's advice, but I was told that I need to eat what I like after meals, something that could hold the food down and encourage me to have more food intake. You know what I like? Chocolates! It's the perfect excuse! And brownies, peanut butter and cakes! In moderation, of course. I wouldn't want to have gestational diabetes.

You know what I realize? I'm glad my doctors don't follow my blog...

13 comments:

  1. i experience hyperemesis during my first pregnancy but not on the 2nd one.. every pregnancy is so different.. hope you enjoy your pregnancy soon! take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, that must be really hard for you... it was tough during my time, too. especially on my 2nd. i'm glad that it's over... my youngest is turning 5 this year. and i have no plans of getting pregnant again... ugh!

    i do hope you'll feel better soon! hope you'll have a safe delivery! looking forward of hearing more from you.. take care, dear! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! Take care too, Chris!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I think this would be my last, too.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always debate about whether I will have another baby because of my age, and my decreased ability to recover as quickly as I did the last time. I don't remember if you had mentioned before, but how much longer do you have to go?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am now on my 3rd month, so 6 months to go.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's amazing how different each pregnancy can be. The first trimester is always tough though. That exhaustion and "sensitive nose" can really be rough.

    Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had a very difficult pregnancy and eating foods I enjoyed was about the only thing that got me through it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hello,
    you are never alone,
    hear what other mom to be are saying,
    smile, be hopeful, rest in peace, listen to soft music...

    having a happy mood will give a happy baby..

    cheers, ;)
    take good care.


    http://www.jingleyanqiu.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sandy: I will, thanks!

    Lynne: Food is a great comfort to pregnant women, is it not? :-)

    Jingle: Thanks! Yeah, I need to be happy about it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you will get over your sensitive sense of smell! Hope all is well with you xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope so, too! Thanks Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm not preggy (hehe) but I love Goldilocks butter or marble slice too... :D cheap thrills!!

    ReplyDelete

You are welcome to say what you think. Do drop by again! Thank you!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin