29 April 2010

My birthday still made me feel special.

I turned 29. Birthdays aren't good without food to make the occasion more special. Some yummy treats I got to taste I am sharing with you here.


Of course, a birthday cake wouldn't be absent, right? This one's from my family. It's mango flavored chiffon cake, so soft yet tangy. I am craving for this right now.


I treated my family to dinner at Flapjacks, Theater Mall, Greenhills. I shared this with my mom and little bro. A salad with mango, large croutons and cranberry raisins, I found this too sour.


What I ordered, Dory fish in lemon and butter sauce. I thought this was too oily. Maybe there was too much butter? The capers were salty, and I don't really eat them, so I removed them. I thought the sauce had lemon juice in it, but alas, I had to squeeze it on to achieve the lemony buttery taste. The potatoes weren't cooked evenly, some were a bit hard. But I finished all of it anyway, I love potatoes!


Free birthday pancakes from Flapjacks. The cream on top was sliding off, awww!




I had a simple dinner with my hubby and daughter at Heat, EDSA Shangri-La, and I was also given a free cake (made from several slices of cheesecakes). Their staff even sang a birthday song for me.


I was so stuffed from the buffet type dinner, that I requested for my cake to be wrapped for take home. I enjoyed it for the next few days. Yummy!

My friends and I spent a lazy afternoon lounging and having snacks at Fior Cafe, Timog. It was another birthday treat of mine. I didn't get to take pictures of the food. But I'm loving all the gifts I received.

16 comments:

  1. I never enjoyed dining at Flapjacks it's over rated. I am surprised that the restaurant is still standing hehe
    Here is my review: http://mrsmartinezravesandrants.blogspot.com/2009/10/flapjacks-php250-gc.html
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Belated Happy Birthday! Food and family for your birthday??? What can beat that??? =]

    I'm glad you had a great time. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday ceemee! :D glad you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday to you.I also celebrate my bday last April 29. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy belated birthday to you! Bet you had a fun one =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Willa and Cindy! Happy belated birthday, Willa!

    ReplyDelete
  7. happy birthday ceemee! 29 pa lang best mommy na! the food looked great! i'm glad you had a wonderful, wonderful birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you had a wonderful Birthday. Mine is today. My wife and granddaughter have a special surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday. Looks like you had a very tasty birthday feast

    ReplyDelete

You are welcome to say what you think. Do drop by again! Thank you!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin