15 May 2010

Mommy Reservoir



Just when I thought my back would break from carrying my baby bump and when I was sweating rivers from the sweltering morning walk, my 2-year-old said she was tired and asked to be carried. I was surprised to find myself hauling Elle into my arms and walking a few meters to where our car was parked. Where did my strength come from?

I think it's called a Mommy reservoir.

Just when I thought my heart would break from great sadness, when I really felt unappreciated, Elle saw me crying and shared her favorite stuffed bear with me. For her and for her baby brother growing inside me, I knew that I absolutely cannot give in to depression. I had to smile and laugh with her, I had to eat for him. The sadness was overshadowed by joy brought by my kids. Where did my inner joy come from?

I think it's called a Mommy reservoir.

It is something only mommies have. It is a precious gift from the Lord.


5 comments:

  1. That was very beautiful. I think you are right. I don't know how you ladies do all that is required. Try to concentrate on the little one you have. A two year old can almost always make you smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing, this strength that we mothers get when we feel we have nothing left to give. That kind of strength - can only come from God and the great love we carry inside for our children.

    ReplyDelete

You are welcome to say what you think. Do drop by again! Thank you!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin