15 May 2010

Mommy Reservoir



Just when I thought my back would break from carrying my baby bump and when I was sweating rivers from the sweltering morning walk, my 2-year-old said she was tired and asked to be carried. I was surprised to find myself hauling Elle into my arms and walking a few meters to where our car was parked. Where did my strength come from?

I think it's called a Mommy reservoir.

Just when I thought my heart would break from great sadness, when I really felt unappreciated, Elle saw me crying and shared her favorite stuffed bear with me. For her and for her baby brother growing inside me, I knew that I absolutely cannot give in to depression. I had to smile and laugh with her, I had to eat for him. The sadness was overshadowed by joy brought by my kids. Where did my inner joy come from?

I think it's called a Mommy reservoir.

It is something only mommies have. It is a precious gift from the Lord.


Blog Widget by LinkWithin