14 May 2010

Is LASIK for me?

There are a few people I know who are enjoying the benefits of Laser Assisted in-Situ Keratomileusis (LASIK) - USAEyes helps patients learn about important issues on corrective eye surgery. These advantages include:
  • Almost perfect vision, so...
  • No more corrective eyeglasses that get in the way of doing things at times
  • No more time spent on putting on contact lenses
  • Eligibility in becoming a flight attendant (this was my ambition when I was a kid)
  • No more worrying about lost contact lenses during leisurely activities or extreme sports
  • Hassle-free packing when going on trips because there's no need to remember to bring the contact lens case and contact lens solution
There are also some risks and factors that make me unsure to have this procedure done to my eyes:
  • Finding the best doctor and hospital for this job
  • What if it doesn't work on me?
  • Possibly losing my vision entirely
  • Shelling out a large amount of money
  • Pain
  • Slow healing process
USAEyes.org can provide me with more information so i'd know if LASIK is for me or not.

1 comment:

You are welcome to say what you think. Do drop by again! Thank you!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin