16 August 2010

Is online shopping for me?

I suddenly realized that next month is September already. That means, Christmas is just around the corner. It isn't a wonder that people are starting to shop for gifts already. It is after all advisable to do Christmas shopping little by little so one wouldn't be so shocked at the expenses. I probably should get started on my list very soon. I also need to decide where I would shop. One option is online, where I could get my family and friends some custom t-shirts, custom jewelry or accessories and other novelty items. If one of my friends feels strongly about the great disaster that BP caused, I could get BP oil spill t-shirts for him or her. There sure are a lot of interesting items online. And, I could do shopping from the comfort of my home. I just have to wait for the items to arrive. I want to give it a try. The truth is, I have never tried shopping online. I have second thoughts about it since I couldn't see the actual merchandise. I am also not so sure about the sizing. What if it doesn't fit? I couldn't use it when I need it because I have to ship it back for an exchange. Do sellers even have this kind of service? What about the shipping charges? And the materials used? That means I have to really trust the seller. There's so much to consider. I will have to seek the advice of people who are expert online shoppers.

4 comments:

  1. Personally, I love online shopping. I can no longer deal with the crowds and the long lines. I have totally lost all patience with real, going-to-the-store shopping. I much prefer online shopping, plus you can much more easily price compare online.

    However, for clothing brands for which I am not familiar, I do have to the go to the store to try to see if it fits. But I keep notes as to what brands fit and my sizes for each brand (since they vary from brand to brand).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not shop online too! So you are not alone hehe
    I like having to fit and feel the clothes before buying it lol
    xoxo
    MrsM

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love shopping online, although I do prefer to try clothes on before buying. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah too many of my clothes are wasted because they were bought online. There was a time that I have shipped an item back -- to get a replacement, but still, it didn't fit me right. So the next time I purchased another dress that didn't fit me well, I just re-sell it.

    Since my built is not small, I've learned my lesson not to buy clothes online again. I still buy bags and other stuffs though, just not clothes.

    Not all sellers accept returns and exchange. So I suggest to check the listing carefully first. So is the seller's rating.

    Have a good day Ceemee!
    EVERY THOUGHT COUNTS

    ReplyDelete

You are welcome to say what you think. Do drop by again! Thank you!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin