16 May 2011

To Stay Or Leave?

More and more Filipinos are emigrating from their home country to another. What are the possible reasons for this?
~ Greener pasture meaning more job opportunities
~ Seeing no positive outcome of struggle in the Philippines
~ Lack in benefits for the individual like managing personal credit or for the family like healthcare and refinance loan
~ For people who are alone and 
~ Willing to undergo a change in culture
~ Adventure

We have to admit that despite life being hard and it seems money has very low value in the Philippines, we are still pampered and we have the luxury of:
~ Being able to hire household help and nannies at an affordable price
~ And drivers, too, for some
~ Asking family members to assist in caring for our children or for our home
~ Buying really cheap stuff or cheap food
~ Having the rice or the LPG tank delivered to the home
~ Being able to afford starting our own businesses

So, as a Filipino, will you consider immigrating abroad? Or are you content staying in the country? Just wondering!

5 comments:

  1. LOL. I did the exact opposite and for a lot of the reasons that you posted....I moved from the US to the PI. great business opportunity and yes the affordable help. While in the US, I ran a business, cooked, cleaned, homeschooled, and took care of my 3 children with the assistance of my husband. Here with two nannies, I can breathe....

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think if there are more opportunities here in the Philippines, very very Filipinos will even consider leaving, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is really nice to find some one who is a pinoy here. I could say that it is still better to go abroad and find a greener Pasteur. There is really more hope compared here in the Philippines. People here are really going out just to find a decent job.


    Visit my site: Custody of Child

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't considered living in another country. i quess, for me, i don't see the need. but i would lvoe to try to work in another country for a short period, say 3 to 6 months. just to see how it feels. :)

    i would like to think that filipinos go to other countries because of necessity than simply watning to get out of the philippines.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My parents immigrated to the US when I was only 2 years old. They have since retired back to the Philippines. Looking back, I see how differently my life would have been if they never came to the US. Definitely, our lives are much better than my relatives who had stayed in the Philippines. I love the Philippines and I wish I could live there now, but what would I do there for a job that would pay as much as I am getting here in the US? It's a sad, unfortunate situation.

    ReplyDelete

You are welcome to say what you think. Do drop by again! Thank you!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin