12 December 2012

From Hot Water To A Snowy Daydream

Hot water is very useful for washing oily dishes and for soaking stained clothes. Some people also use it for taking a shower in the mornings and for bathing babies. Those are just some of the uses I know of hot water here in a tropical country like the Philippines. In places where it's cold all-year round, or during autumn and winter, hot water is one of their basic necessities. The inhabitants would need to have a good hot water system and would probably have something like Hot Water Tanks Calgary installed. They probably also employed services of Clearview Plumbing 4805 32 Street Southeast Calgary, AB T2B 2X3 for needs involving water and plumbing.

If my hubby and I had pushed through with our intention to go to Canada, I am sure that Clearview would be important for our housing needs as it not only offers water heating system and plumbing services, but other services like drain cleaning and unclogging, furnace maintenance and air conditioning installation. 

Living here in the Philippines for 30+ years, relocating to a cold country would definitely be a tremendous change. I am not really sure if I could stand the climate. I have never been to a place with snow yet. I wonder what it's like to be in a real winter wonderland for the Christmas season... 


In my opinion, though a snowy scene could be a quite picturesque to capture, and making snowmen, having a snowball fight or making snow angels could be attractive activities, I think I would like to do all that for only one day, and that's it. For me, the disadvantages of having snow far outweigh the happy images of frolicking in it. You know what I mean, it would be difficult to go out as driveways have to shoveled, tires needed to be chained to avoid accidents, the heater should be working, the children might get sick, etc. Am I correct in assuming this?

A stay at a warm and toasty log cabin, while snow is falling outside, with a fireplace crackling and mugs of hot chocolate enjoyed by my hubby and me while snuggled under a comforter would be a part of my life list or remain a daydream. *sigh*


11 comments:

  1. I can never bathe with cold water so I make sure there's a hot water system whereever I am even in a tropical country like the PHilippines.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to bathe with cold water before I got pregnant, now, I cannot seem to stand it. :-)

      Delete
  2. I can never live with hot water! When I bathe, I'd rather use this because it soothes my body and makes me relaxed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can bathe with cold water. I can't survive with anything cold. I shivers me. Tsk. That's why I think I can't survive living outside Philippines.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to experience a snowy day also but I never dreamed of living in a place that has snowy season.lol I still prefer the beach scene. It's very relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would also love to experience snow, but like you, I don't think I'd survive with it for a long period of time. Although I love the idea of cozying up in front of a fire, sipping hot cocoa :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll probably freeze to death hehehe. The snow looks nice, viewed from pictures but I don't think I'll enjoy the feel of it. I still prefer basking in the sun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am wanting some snow!! It's so hot here these few days.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i want some snow. never experienced it. will try to go to Nepal next year to have some. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love to see snow but I don't like to live in an extremely cold weather condition. Just want to experience it lang for once. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want some snow, too, but for a while lang hehe. Sis, I can't comment on your newest post. please check if the comment box is disabled or something

    ReplyDelete

You are welcome to say what you think. Do drop by again! Thank you!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin