10 April 2013

Who would you rather be?

Have you watched Wreck-It Ralph? It's a super cute movie that I'm sure parents will also like. Parents who are familiar with the arcade and retro games, that is.



I want to ask you this: Do you like yourself? Would you be friends with yourself?

I am still pondering my answer to that question. :-D

But, Ralph, he was tired of being an outcast just because he was programmed to be a bad guy. The other characters were scared of him. He was dirty and has bad breath and lives in the dump. I actually pity him. I wouldn't be surprised if he wanted change.

You know how certain events had to happen to us. You know the people we had to meet to make us realise things. And that's how Ralph understood the meaning of The Bad-Anon creed.

"I'm bad, and that's good.
I will never be good, and that's not bad.
There's no one I'd rather be than me."
I only like the last line, though.

Change is good, if we are to be better. But to change into someone entirely different, is not in God's plans. There's a uniqueness in each of us, ours is a role that only us can fill.

When Ralph went away, the Nicelanders saw that having Ralph was vital to their game. That brought about the change that Ralph desired, with him still doing what he's programmed to do.

Wreck-It Ralph is a movie that reminds us that "There's no one I'd rather be than me."

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to say what you think. Do drop by again! Thank you!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin