06 May 2014

Food Experiment #12

I haven't been posting my food experiments for a long, super long time. Although I have still been trying different recipes, I didn't think of writing about them anymore. Well, I thought of writing about my latest food experiment because I wanted to share the site where I got it from. 

I love potatoes and am always keeping my eyes open for easy potato recipes. Well, for me, easy is what I look for in recipes, next to the availability of ingredients locally, when it's from an American website. 

I have always wanted to try making shepherd's pie. But, I didn't have the proper oven before, the one with the degrees. What do you call that? Anyway, thanks to my mom I now have one, even if it's small. Next time I will bake cupcakes for my kids. I hope!


I used ground beef, so, technically this is a cottage pie. Would you believe, I was the only one who consumed this dish? My hubby doesn't like potatoes and the children just were not interested. Well, except for the eldest who plucked cheese from the top. Yes, I added cheese just so the top would brown. In my opinion, there was too much butter. I would definitely reduce the butter and maybe add mushrooms next time.

So, here's the link to the recipe: www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/easy_shepherds_pie/

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to say what you think. Do drop by again! Thank you!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin