14 August 2020

I have a question.

Whoa! It's been a year and four months since I posted in this blog. I apologize.

I want to know...

How are you???

For real... How are you feeling? This pandemic is taking a toll on many aspects of our lives. Have you been affected?

Recently, my day at home consists roughly of:
  • waking up then, breakfast, reading God's Word on YouVersion Bible app
  • playing a round or two of mobile games with my children
  • working or reading a book (currently, "The Book Thief" by Markus Zusak) 
  • taking lunch as a family
  • making sure the kids nap for one to two hours, while I continue reading
  • waking them up, letting them eat fruits as snack, playing again
  • watching Netflix (currently a Kdrama called "Fight for My Way")
  • having dinner
  • continuing the episode of the series
  • showering
  • preparing for bed
But, that's bound to change again as the young ones start their online classes (umm, Integrated Distance Learning) in ten days. Anyway, I am thankful. Thankful that I am still relatively healthy, that I have my family with me, that we still have what we need.

There are times, though, that I feel trapped and restless. That I palpitate and am short of breath. I'd have a sudden urge to go out. Then, cry inside when I can't. Do you get that feeling? Of course I won't, because it's frightful out there. I am afraid I might contract CoViD-19. Going on a grocery run these days makes me quite tense. 

It's sad because leisurely grocery shopping was one of the bonding activities for my husband and me. Another is dining out. There are many things I enjoyed doing before the pandemic.
  • Dining out with the family, celebrating birthdays (I celebrated my birthday here at home this year)
  • Going on local trips and staying at hotels
  • Window shopping at malls
  • Visiting bookstores
  • Getting a facial
  • Getting a massage
  • Watching a movie with my family
  • Hanging out with friends
In order for me not to go crazy, I anchor my thoughts and heart on Jesus Christ. I also take mini vacations in my mind, like daydreaming. And escaping via the books I read to another place and another time. What do you do to avoid going mad with worry and anxiety?

Want me to pray for you? Kindly send your prayer requests in the comment section! Let's pray for miracles. 💗


Blog Widget by LinkWithin