24 December 2020

December 2020

December... last month of this uniquely challenging year. As the year draws to a close, it doesn't mean that the Coronavirus is also dissipating. It will not disappear anytime soon, thus, our precautions must still be in place. Let us all continue to pray for a miracle. For those who have been vaccinated, how was it? I know just one person who had the Covid-19 vaccine.

Do you feel the coolness of the mornings? There are also the December evenings that make me want to grab a sweater and run for the bathroom at the same time. While I sometimes stand at the balcony and gaze at the streets, I imagine the headlights and taillights as my moving Christmas lights. They twinkle in and out of sight; red, white, and yellow. I can sense the bright stars and planets just behind the city haze. When rain showers upon our part of the world, the wisps of clouds could sometimes cover the moon. 

By now, you have probably received gifts that thoughtful people sent your way. If you have not received any, don't fret, being alive and healthy are gifts in themselves. To still be able to taste the sweet crumbs of fruitcake, to feel its spices and a hint of rum on your tongue is a present. Can you tell I am craving for one right now? πŸ˜‹ What I love about this season is the excuse to indulge in food, ha ha! 

Speaking of food, one item on my Quarantine Christmas Wish List is to be able to try food trends. I have tried several kinds ube cheese pan de sal, one type of sushi bake and I have made Dalgona coffee early in the year. I have yet to try sourdough bread and what I really, really want to taste is the Burnt Basque Cheesecake. I saw a seller made an ube version of it, and another had mango. 

How do you plan to celebrate Christmas and New Year? 

Now that it's super risky to go out and dine out, and in spite of that fact, people are still hitting the streets, there's the holiday traffic to consider; the logical thing is to enjoy good food at home. To add some holiday cheer, I decorated our living area a little. My two girls helped with the window dΓ©cor. Instead of a Christmas tree, I made a Christmas "bush" - as my youngest called it; a shallow square basket filled with faux Christmas blooms, a few Christmas balls, the star for our Christmas tree, tinsel, gift ornaments, and a couple of plushy ornaments in holiday outfits. It's situated on the coffee table. That's where the gifts are, as well.


What do you think of it? For me, it's very simple. 

Sheltering in place had me reading and reading. Mostly. I actually reached my goal of 45 books early. Still, I have a long list of TBR physical books and electronic ones combined. Also, some stories are not so good. I wish I could find a hard copy of The Midnight Library by Matt Haig - that's on my Quarantine Christmas Wish List, too. πŸ“–

Reading is my hobby, and also daydreaming. I still do that after many years. Dreaming up stories that I may or may not write down. I also journal almost every day. It's my way of keeping memories, even mundane ones. Reading my past entries also help me reminisce: experiences that I hope to have again, feelings that were hidden. It was also December when I met and fell in love with my now hubby. 

Today is Christmas Eve. Tomorrow is all about Jesus. He is the essence of Christmas, and our salvation.

I greet you a very Merry and Safe and Healthy Christmas! πŸ’–πŸŽ„

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to say what you think. Do drop by again! Thank you!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin