08 February 2010

Somniloquy runs in the family?

Did you know that there's a blog chronicling what a man says in his sleep? Check out the Sleep Talkin' man here

And there's another one, Nate at Night, claiming to be the original.

I know that I talk in my sleep. I am not sure if it's normal. But, my hubby sometimes does, and also my daughter, too. According to Wikipedia, it is very common for children to talk in their sleep. I am just concerned that she sometimes cries and is inconsolable when she's awakened by this or by shouting, when she dreamed of something unpleasant. Why, she even throw tantrums in her sleep!

There are times I would like to also record what I say during the night, but it may be very embarrassing. Don't you think?

6 comments:

  1. I don't think I'd want anybody posting what I say in my sleep on the internet (of course I seriously doubt my midnight mumbles are anywhere near as *cough* interesting as Sleep Talkin' Mans are. Here's another good one for you: my daughter is deaf, and she talks AND signs in her sleep. Fun post! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would certainly be curious of what I say while asleep. My husband also talks in his sleep. Oftentimes it is some nonsense about work or technical stuff I have NO idea what it means.
    My daughter babbles from time to time as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. there was only one time when my mother told me i talked in my sleep. that was when i was in high school. my sisters talk a lot during sleep. i agree that it can be embarrassing, but it'll be very interesting for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now, that is interesting, Jen! Thanks for dropping by!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, we often wonder what goes on in our subconscious. My hubby talks about work in his sleep too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, it sure will be very interesting! One time, my brother said that I was talking in a different language, and fluently. So weird!

    ReplyDelete

You are welcome to say what you think. Do drop by again! Thank you!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin