09 August 2008

08-08-08

8 reasons why this date has no significance for me.
  1. It is not my birthday.
  2. It is neither the birthday of my family nor my friends.
  3. I am not part of the Olympics.
  4. I have no important appointments.
  5. It's just an ordinary working day.
  6. I did not give birth.
  7. I do not own any establishments that opened on this day.
  8. I was not affected by the luck that is associated with the number 8.
However, the blood that courses through my veins is mostly Chinese, so I am proud how the Chinese handled the burden of hosting this year's Olympics (so far, its opening is great). I have 8 phrases/words associated with the presentation that's "made in China".
  1. Wonderful synchronizations
  2. Awe-inspiring
  3. Chinese history
  4. Admirable talents
  5. Human resources
  6. Visual stimulation
  7. Spirit
  8. Lights, sounds, action!
I got to watch the opening at my parents' home where my family and I went to have dinner with my mom, my syoti, my eldest brother and his family, my aunties from Chicago and their family. The ambiance was festive and a variety of dishes were served courtesy of my mom, my sis-in-law and my syoti. To name a few:
  1. Grilled Angus beef
  2. Red sauce pasta
  3. Potato gratin
  4. Mashed potatoes
  5. Chicken with churizzo
  6. Grilled asparagus
  7. Corn soup
  8. Fruit bowl with sabayon sauce
Ah! I have broken my promise to diet, again. Oh well! Like they said, "It's better to have eaten then died, rather than to die with an empty stomach." Do you agree?

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to say what you think. Do drop by again! Thank you!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin