15 December 2009

My "Nightmare" Before Christmas

Ah, next week is Christmas already. So fast. I am a bit anxious as I have not finished what I needed to do yet. *almost panic mode*

What can I say about this holiday season? Christmas brings out the best in people. They are kinder, more patient, more generous, they smile more often. I hope this lasts the whole year through, though. Christmas also brings out the worst in people. Counterfeit money are being produced, and more robbers prowl the streets. I fell victim to two of them a few days ago. It was a scary experience, thank God they just wanted my bag and they didn't stab me. I lost my cellular phone, home keys and a couple of ID cards. Good thing my ID cards don't have my residential address. On top of my Christmas tasks, I also have to replace those ID cards. *sigh*

I was afraid I'll dream of the scary robbery scene when I go to sleep. At that time, I was reading the Twilight Saga. I don't know why, but I dreamed of Jacob (but I haven't seen New Moon yet!) instead. So weird! I guess the book had me distracted, I'm thankful for that. But there are times I stare off into space and the images come to my mind's eyes. I had to shake them off. I am sure I won't be going to that place alone anymore.

Anyway, since my cellular phone "died", but not of a natural death, my dear hubby bought me a new one. I am so glad! This is my very first official Christmas gift.

10 comments:

  1. I guess the real gift is that you are okay, and have hope that what you lost can be easily replaced. hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so true, Vera! I am thankful to the Lord for keeping me safe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am sorry to hear about this event. im glad you didnt get hurt! where did this happen?

    im sure Christmas has a new meaning for your now...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chris, it happened in Recto, Divisoria.

    ReplyDelete
  5. glad to hear you're ok cee! that was a scary experience, keep safe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. mai of oodlesofgoodles.comFriday, December 18, 2009 11:29:00 AM

    ceemee oh gosh i am glad you are safe! what happened? how did it happen? grabe naman :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mai, while I was walking, a guy fell beside me and suddenly had his arm around me and had a hold of my bag, then a guy in front of me turned to us while getting out his balisong, with that he cut the strap of my bag.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness! I am so sorry that happened to you. I am glad to hear that you are alright, but I'm sure a bit shaken. I hope that you and your family have a wonderful holiday season to keep your mind off things. And enjoy the new phone!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, Sandy! Hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

You are welcome to say what you think. Do drop by again! Thank you!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin