12 April 2010

On Books and Pinching Pennies

Biology, 7th Edition (Book & CD-ROM)These rough times, we mommies need to do everything we can to lessen our household's expenses. When my daughter Elle starts school, I need to be on the lookout for cheap textbooks. But, it all depends on the school, of course. Some schools provide their own textbooks, which cannot be bought outside.It would be nice if there is a place or online store that has used textbooks for sale. That would be a great help for mommies, I think. It also is a great way to help save the environment, as less trees would be cut down in making books if we reuse them. Another thing is that it would be helpful for college students who are looking for books not found in the library, which they'd need in making projects. I know I had this dilemma before. Someone I know befriends other mommies of kids that go to the same school as her children, then she solicits hand-me-down books from them. My guess is that she passes it onto other mommies with kids in lower batches afterward. It is also like sharing used pocketbooks, or selling them online if they do not want to read them again, so other people could be benefited from that, too. They might find a title they've been looking for all along, or see something old but still catches their interests. It's a win-win situation!

 
 

3 comments:

You are welcome to say what you think. Do drop by again! Thank you!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin