23 June 2010

Branches and Root


Most moms, like me, cannot help but find their children to be their sources of great pride. It is but natural. We find ourselves comparing notes with other moms and launching into a detailed account of how we successfully potty-trained our little ones in just a week, for example. My daughter Elle is a blessing from the Lord, she is wonderfully and beautifully made by Him. I cannot credit her lovely attributes to myself alone, she was made with my hubby Rix, of course. And we are partners in raising her. Also, parenting needs loads of wisdom from God. He is after all the greatest parent everyone could have. So there is no room for me to boast of Elle's good points, I am just grateful that the Lord, the root that supports our family, has made her that way, I am just there to enhance them and lead her to Jesus.


10 comments:

  1. Great thoughts to go along with that word.

    Have a blessed day today♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. so true. I'll freely admit my kids bring me the greatest sense of pride : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. A perfect way to apply that scripture to one's life. Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you are doing any awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very true! Our kids are undeniably our pride but they shouldn't be the source of our boasting. We still owe it to our God :)

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. As a mother of three myself, I can totally relate to your experience. It is humbling how God can work through flawed, faithless me to produce children who bring Him honor.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome post! I can always use a reminder that the credit goes to Him. Blessings...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for stopping by Internet Cafe Devotions and leaving a not of encouragement! I am so blessed by your sweet words!

    ReplyDelete
  9. its a good thought provoking post! thanks for sharing!

    by the way, i am schooling toby .. but without a formal curriculum. right now, i am just using starfall.com and some materials i see over the net. :)

    ReplyDelete

You are welcome to say what you think. Do drop by again! Thank you!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin