14 February 2011

Thankful on Valentine's Day

What better day than today to be thankful for God's unfailing love for us? Valentine's Day is not only for couples, but for everyone experiencing LOVE in their lives - the Lord's love, love of family and friends, and love for strangers who are in need. 

The year 2010 was a year that I saw God's love in action (but then it always is). There were answered prayers around me. The Lord granted the desire of my hubby Rix's heart and mine to have a baby boy for our second child. I delivered Caleb safely through C-section and I was recovering rapidly. I am thankful to God for this. Rix's friend's wife became pregnant and God also gave them a baby boy this time after having two girls. One of my friends wanted to have a baby after a year of being married and God answered her prayer. My good friend is enjoying her life now after getting her heart broken. 

I am also thankful for God's continuous provision even if there are times that I worry about the future. There are also some luxury we could still afford and with that I feel blessed. 

Last November was nightmarish for our family because our daughter Elle almost had Dengue fever. One helper that we had, tested positive for Dengue fever and was even confined. I worried (which I should not do), I cried and prayed to God a lot. I even stayed at my parents' house with baby Caleb just to be sure that he won't get it, too. Rix was here at home tending to Elle. It was hard being apart and we missed each other so much. I am thankful that God healed Elle and what she had was Dengue-like fever. Her platelet count did descend but not as fast as the real thing. I am so glad it was over and I know that the Lord made it so. 

This post was inspired by Mommy Ruby who has so much to be thankful for.

We would like to thank all the sponsors of Pinay Mommy Online's Thanksgiving Giveaway!!
Pinay Mommy Online
Proud Mommy of Three
My Tots Exactly!
My Tummy Calls
Azumi - Kawaii Princess̢۪ Story
Worth's World
Make Money Online
E! FashionTalk.com
One Proud Momma
DashingSmiles
myWeb-BlogdotCom
Kizuna
Marikenya's Travel and Resource Blog
The Miscellaneous Me
Family and Home Living
Meet and Greet
Joys in Life
All About Her
Viva Pinay
Stylish Voyager 
Written by Mys
Cinco Online
Fat Girl No More
i am woman hear me rawr
Lifestyle & Homemaking
Kero's Celebration
The Peregrinator
I Love Hate Blogging
Web Design Philippines
Make Money Blog
Lovingly Mama
Princess Wannabe
Contest Buff
Earn Dollars Pinoy!
Samut-Sari
Pensive Thoughts
Happy Home Working
jared's little corner of the world...
Nutrition and Health Care
The Domain Angel
Eat, Drink, Blog
Our Kids Plus Us

If you want to join in this fabulous giveaway, please visit Pinay Mommy Online's Thanksgiving Giveaway post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to say what you think. Do drop by again! Thank you!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin