16 July 2012

Why I want to win the Wow Your Wardrobe Contest.

This is my official entry to the Howard Storage World + Dainty Mom Wow Your Wardrobe Contest.


Do you know what makes me uncomfortable? Hearing or reading these words:

Organize. Declutter. Domestic duty. *cringe*


I don't think I could call myself a good homemaker with my house in perpetual chaos. I feel like I am failing in this aspect of being a wife and mom. What is ironic is that I finished Interior Design from a good university, but if you walk into our house, you wouldn't think that an interior designer lives here. Awful, isn't it?

So, why am I not organizing is a good question. I could give a number of excuses like:

  • The children are still too little.
  • Storage solutions are expensive.
  • Our home is not permanent.
  • The stuff always reappear after clearing them away, it never ends!
  • Blah, blah, blah!
Yes, they are all excuses. I really should start somewhere. And, I should be ruthless. I don't know why, but I find it very hard to part with things especially if they were gifts. I'm sentimental to a fault.

Reading about other moms' organizational skills should inspire me to make our house neat and pretty.


But, winning Howard Storage World + Dainty Mom's Wow Your Wardrobe Contest should kick me from behind and jump-start organizing ASAP!

I deserve to win a Php10,000 wardrobe showcase from Howards Storage World because I want to stop making excuses, start decluttering our home and be a good example of orderliness & cleanliness to my children. I'd like to maximize our very limited space and make our house a beautiful home.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin