08 May 2013

A Liebster Award For Me



What a super duper long overdue post this is! So Sorry, Sarah! And thanks so much for the award. I am honored.

The Liebster Blog award is given to up and coming bloggers with less than 200 followers. Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
These are the rules:
01) Each person must list 11 things about themselves.
02) Answer the 11 questions that the tagger has set for you PLUS you MUST create 11 questions of your own for the 11 people you will nominate with this award.
03) Choose up to 11 bloggers linking them to your post.
04) Go to their page and inform them of the nomination.
05) Absolutely NO tags back. Remember to ONLY tag bloggers with less than 200 followers.

Honestly, I don't know what 11 things I should write about my boring self. And, I still have no idea who to tag. Anyway, here are some things about me you might be interested to know.
  1. I am corny and I laugh at the corniest joke, and I think my children like that!
  2. I love the feeling of my children resting their heads on the crook of my neck. :-)
  3. I always carry a list of things to do inside my head. 
  4. I am very shy, but I have joined singing contests and declamation contests in Elementary and High School.
  5. I am not adept at using the cutter and scissors. I cannot cut a straight line. Crafting goes out the window for me!
  6. I still get happy looking at pastel colors and cute hearts, stars and dots.
  7. I think that a healthy diet includes trade-offs of food. For example, when I had more sweets than is OK for me today, I won't eat sweets tomorrow.
  8. Driving still scares me.
  9. I could be a bit OC since I feel so uneasy when my choice of hangers are not used, when the covers of containers are not closed well, and when the spoons and forks don't match.
  10. I feel uneasy and tend to make mistakes when someone's looking over my shoulders while I cook.
  11. Whenever I see dried leaves, I have an urge to step on them to see if they're "crunchy". Weird huh?
Here are Sarah's 11 questions for me to answer:
1. What do you love most about blogging ? I love blogging because I simply love writing, composing, weaving words and it exercises my mind.
2. What was the first song or tune that you sang ? Hmmm... Maybe one of the Chinese songs my mom used to sing as lullaby.
3. What was the first gift that you had ever received ? I remember my bald baby doll with eyes that close when she lies down, which, in hindsight, looked scary.
4. What is one historical story in your family that you are most proud of? When the Japanese invaded Philippines (very historical!), my maternal grandpa was captured and was set to be executed, knowing how to write in Chinese saved his life.
5. When did you first learn to go home on your own? I think in Grade 4, I walked to my maternal grandfather's house in Manila, because my school was in Manila, but I live in QC and I don't think I would reach our home just by walking. But I learned to ride the jeepney in high school from our home to school.
6. When did you first learn to live on your own ? I haven't lived on my own, actually.
7. Who is your favorite author and why? Aside from God, it's Dr. Seuss because I like how he plays with words and rhymes.
8. What is (are) your favorite movie(s) that touched on history or based on real life events ? Hmm... I'm not big on historical movies but I like The Man In The Iron Mask.
9. What do you do when you experience writer's block? I browse through my photos, read other people's blogs and read books to get inspiration.
10. What book or story that you will never get tired of reading? I will never get tired of reading Snoopy comics and Archie comics. :-)
11. What difficult decision had you done in your life that was worth it? When I decided to breastfeed, it was difficult because I haven't really done it before. I knew it would be tempting to give up, since my parents don't agree with my decision, so I just take one day at a time until I weaned after 18 months. It was worth it because my youngest is smart and healthy.

11 questions that I would ask people I am tagging are:
  1. What challenges do you face each day?
  2. How do you overcome them?
  3. What do you do to stay motivated in completing a project?
  4. What is your favorite blog/website and why?
  5. Can you describe the most amazing thing you have seen in your life?
  6. What is the most touching moment of your life?
  7. What can you do to make the world a better place?
  8. How do you converse with someone who has an opinion different from yours?
  9. What memory makes you smile from ear to ear?
  10. What is the hardest word you have encountered and what does it mean?
  11. How do you celebrate your birthday?
I don't have anyone in mind to tag yet. If you are interested to answer my questions, please leave a comment. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to say what you think. Do drop by again! Thank you!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin