18 August 2014

Guardians of the Galaxy and my kids

Sunday is family day. So one Sunday, my hubby, the kids and I trooped to a mall in Makati to watch Guardians of the Galaxy. I am not into sci-fi or space adventure kinds of flicks, so I had no idea what to expect. I saw a trailer of the movie once, but I understood nothing. I don't even know it's derived from Marvel comics.

On the screen, I saw a boy sitting on a chair and listening to his walkman using earphones. I thought it was another trailer. Turns out, the movie has already started. 

Although it's obvious that there's a bad guy who wants something the good guy has, and that this something is a weapon that could eradicate a whole planet, which the good guy has to keep away from the bad guy to save the galaxy, the reason why was a little deep since it's about politics, not honoring the treaty, unlikely friendship and personal tragedies. And I don't think my kids could fully comprehend the full story. 

"I AM GROOT!!!"
All they see could be a cute raccoon, a funny moving tree and men & women in skittles-colored skins. Although these could provide a good entertainment, the movie was rated PG for reasons: the script, and of course the violent scenes. The actors say words that I don't want to hear from my innocent children's mouths, for example, st*pid, idi*t, and more. Did someone say b*tch? And there was blood!

I had to say, Nebula was pretty even if she's blue, bald and a villain.

It was good while it lasted, but I wouldn't want my little ones watch Guardians of the Galaxy again. Even the sequel? Yes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to say what you think. Do drop by again! Thank you!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin