05 October 2017

Lunch at Sear via Booky

I have the Booky application on my phone for years and I haven't used it even once. Finally, I had an opportunity when we went out for lunch. Rix asked me what I wanted to eat. I jokingly said steak. I opened the Booky app and searched for Banawe area. An offer from Sear Steak Scullery popped up. 

Good thing I did not need to call for a reservation. I am one of the people who shy away from phone calls. Glad it can be done via text messaging. I was notified of a confirmation from Sear. The reservation was for 12 noon, but we were not kept waiting when we arrived early. Points for that!

It's located on the second floor of 238 Center, Banawe Corner Panalturan Street, Banawe, Quezon City. 

The theme of the restaurant is kind of Western. The staff were wearing cowboy and cowgirl outfits. See the horseshoes and saddle on the wall?



We ordered beef lasagna in white sauce, fish nuggets, and dry-aged ribeye. We actually ordered T-bone steaks, but the server came back and told us that there was no delivery yet.

The beef lasagna was creamy and cheesy. It was a different take without the tomato sauce. The ground beef was a little salty.

The fish nuggets were delicious. the outside was crunchy and inside, the fish inside was nicely flaking. It came with tartar sauce.


The photo below shows the dry-aged ribeye we had. It wasn't served on a sizzling plate, as I expected. It came with a bowl of mushroom soup for each of us, a bread basket with four pieces of bread and a small plate of flavored butter (pimiento, it seemed), a big serving of mashed potatoes, buttered French beans and corn, and two cups of sweet soft-serve ice cream. 

The mediumly done beef was soft and tasty, even without the A1 and Worcestershire sauces. There were bits of fat, but mostly not. 


When we were almost finished eating, I received a text message from Booky. I could get a free dessert when I answer the survey. I did. But, we didn't claim it anymore because we were full. We even took home some fish nuggets for the kids to try.

It was a unique experience. Booky allowed us to explore new places in the neighborhood that we haven't tried yet. We chose Sear because it was one of the two restaurants that offered Php300 off the bill, provided it reached a thousand.

Did you use Booky? How was your experience with it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to say what you think. Do drop by again! Thank you!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin