17 August 2008

Snippets

Here are some thoughts to ponder, some snippets of wisdom that I found in some songs by popular artists. You can share with me your finds if you have some.


"Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end."
-Closing Time by Semisonic
They say life is a cycle, so maybe this holds true.

"We live and we learn to take
One step at a time
There's no need to rush
It's like learning to fly
Or falling in love
It's gonna happen and it's
Supposed to happen that we
Find the reasons why
One step at a time

When you can't wait any longer
But there's no end in sight
When you need to find the strength
It's the faith that makes you stronger
The only way you get there
Is one step at a time"
-One Step At A Time by Jordin Sparks
Words of wisdom for those who are rushing through life that they fail to see and feel the beauty of it.

"I'd change the world if I could change my mind

Why do we keep killing each other, what's the reason?
God made us all equal in his vision"
-Union by Black Eyed Peas
It is easier to change ourselves, than to attempt to change the world.

"Now I understand to hold you
I must open my hands"
-Butterfly by Mariah Carey
Letting go is a part of being in love. God gave us freewill, so why not give our partners freedom?

"Well heaven only knows
That packages and bows
Can never heal
A hurting human soul

No more lives torn apart
That wars would never start
And time would heal all hearts
And everyone would have a friend
And right would always win
And love would never end
This is my grown up Christmas list"
-My Grown Up Christmas List by Kelly Clarkson
Material things could not take the place of unconditional love.

On a different note, have you seen The Sketch Show? Here it is shown on Jack TV. It is a show full of skits of comical essence. I like it! If you feel down, I am sure it will lift your spirits. :-)

3 comments:

  1. Loved "Butterfly". Seems like an incredibly sad song, but made me think so much.

    Mariah is a great songwriter, which she didn't have to breathe so much though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice site!

    I am a Stage 3B Cervical Cancer Survivor. I created a blog in an effort to raise Cervical Cancer Awareness. I was 28 when I was diagnosed with advanced Cervical Cancer and my story is a long, painful & inspiring one. Cervical Cancer is not talked about but it touches the lives of every single woman out there. We need to start talking about this cancer because it is not rare and it does kill.

    I see you are around my age so I wanted to share my story with you. If I can make a difference in just one woman's life all my struggle was worth while.

    Hope you can check my blog out.

    www.cancerlost.blogspot.com

    xoxo
    Meaghan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Meaghan!

    Thanks for sharing your story. God be praised for your survival. It is indeed a second chance at life. Cervical cancer awareness is also being raised in hospitals in my country. I hope more women will be alert on this issue.

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete

You are welcome to say what you think. Do drop by again! Thank you!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin