The last time I was pregnant with my firstborn, I didn't get to experience having a baby shower. Now that I am pregnant with my 2nd baby, I think I want to have one. Do you think it will be weird to organize one myself? Or pathetic even? Now that I know the gender of the baby in my belly, I am imagining the place to be in powder blue.Here's a list of what I need:
- Decorations - some confetti , some balloons , a garland , maybe a guestbook , a diaper cake and a centerpiece
- Food & drinks- I know I cannot make my own, maybe I shall get a caterer.
- Games - The first time I attended a baby shower, I joined a game where I drank soda from a baby bottle complete with a rubber nipple. It was hard, but I won a lollipop.
- If there are games, I think there should be some prizes, too.
- Party favors - For the guests to bring home as souvenirs, or to remind them that I was going to give birth soon. There are so many cute ones!
- Invitations? I am not sure about this as I have to make an effort to meet the guests to give them out. How about a nice graphic e-mail?
- Since my daughter is about to celebrate her 3rd birthday soon, I could have a joint party, too. Then the stuff above should be in pink and in blue!
- Here's a page I'd like to keep in mind: Baby Shower 101
That's it! Any suggestions, mommies who had or have organized a baby shower? Since my pregnancy is coming to a close, I'd like to end it with a bang. A maternity shoot is not far from my mind, either. ;-)