12 June 2010

Welcome him with a shower.

The last time I was pregnant with my firstborn, I didn't get to experience having a baby shower. Now that I am pregnant with my 2nd baby, I think I want to have one. Do you think it will be weird to organize one myself? Or pathetic even? Now that I know the gender of the baby in my belly, I am imagining the place to be in powder blue.
Here's a list of what I need:

  • Decorations - some confetti Boy Baby Shower Confetti, some balloons It's a Boy Baby Shower Balloons Decorations Large 34" "It's A Boy" Baby Bottle Foil Balloon For Baby Showers And Home Coming, a garland Sweet Bear Blue Baby Shower/Party Decoration - Tissue Garland, maybe a guestbook Wilton Rubber Ducky Guest Book, Baby Shower, a diaper cake New Baby Boy Diaper Cake - Blue Polka Dots on Brown Ribbon - 5-Layer - Great Baby Shower Gift Idea or Table Centerpieceand a centerpiece Space Rocket New Baby Boy Diaper Cake - Shower Table Centerpiece and Gift Idea
  • Food & drinks- I know I cannot make my own, maybe I shall get a caterer. How To Prepare Food For a Baby Shower
  • Games - The first time I attended a baby shower, I joined a game where I drank soda from a baby bottle complete with a rubber nipple. It was hard, but I won a lollipop. Baby Shower Game Kit
  • If there are games, I think there should be some prizes, too. 12 Rubber Duck Ducky Duckie Keychains Baby Shower Birthday Party Favors
  • Party favors - For the guests to bring home as souvenirs, or to remind them that I was going to give birth soon. There are so many cute ones!  Chocolate Dipped Oreo Cookies decorated for a Boy Baby Shower 7 Oreo Assortment 36 Rubber Duck Ducky Duckie Baby Shower Mint Party Favors Baby Shower Favor Kit (24 guests) Adult 12 Magnets Baby Boy & Horse Baby Shower Favor Fridge Refrigerator Baby Onesie Cookie Cutter for Baby Boy/Girl Shower Party Favors Chocolate Puzzle Baby Shower Favors - Baby Boy VALUE PACK: Six Dozen (72) Blue Boy Rubber Ducky Birthday Party or Baby Shower Favors "It's a Boy" Blue Baby Shower Favors Charms - Pkg of 24 Charms 
  • Invitations? I am not sure about this as I have to make an effort to meet the guests to give them out. How about a nice graphic e-mail? Wilton Onesie Boy Fill In Baby Shower Invitations Carter Boy Baby Shower Embellished Invitations 8ct
  • Since my daughter is about to celebrate her 3rd birthday soon, I could have a joint party, too. Then the stuff above should be in pink and in blue! Hello Kitty Birthday Party Invitations [8 Per Pack] Princess Personalized Photo Birthday Invitations for Girls Birthday Girls Invitation by Picture Perfect Cinderella Invitations 8ct
  • Here's a page I'd like to keep in mind: Baby Shower 101
That's it! Any suggestions, mommies who had or have organized a baby shower? Since my pregnancy is coming to a close, I'd like to end it with a bang. A maternity shoot is not far from my mind, either. ;-)
Blog Widget by LinkWithin