12 June 2010

Welcome him with a shower.

The last time I was pregnant with my firstborn, I didn't get to experience having a baby shower. Now that I am pregnant with my 2nd baby, I think I want to have one. Do you think it will be weird to organize one myself? Or pathetic even? Now that I know the gender of the baby in my belly, I am imagining the place to be in powder blue.
Here's a list of what I need:

  • Decorations - some confetti Boy Baby Shower Confetti, some balloons It's a Boy Baby Shower Balloons Decorations Large 34" "It's A Boy" Baby Bottle Foil Balloon For Baby Showers And Home Coming, a garland Sweet Bear Blue Baby Shower/Party Decoration - Tissue Garland, maybe a guestbook Wilton Rubber Ducky Guest Book, Baby Shower, a diaper cake New Baby Boy Diaper Cake - Blue Polka Dots on Brown Ribbon - 5-Layer - Great Baby Shower Gift Idea or Table Centerpieceand a centerpiece Space Rocket New Baby Boy Diaper Cake - Shower Table Centerpiece and Gift Idea
  • Food & drinks- I know I cannot make my own, maybe I shall get a caterer. How To Prepare Food For a Baby Shower
  • Games - The first time I attended a baby shower, I joined a game where I drank soda from a baby bottle complete with a rubber nipple. It was hard, but I won a lollipop. Baby Shower Game Kit
  • If there are games, I think there should be some prizes, too. 12 Rubber Duck Ducky Duckie Keychains Baby Shower Birthday Party Favors
  • Party favors - For the guests to bring home as souvenirs, or to remind them that I was going to give birth soon. There are so many cute ones!  Chocolate Dipped Oreo Cookies decorated for a Boy Baby Shower 7 Oreo Assortment 36 Rubber Duck Ducky Duckie Baby Shower Mint Party Favors Baby Shower Favor Kit (24 guests) Adult 12 Magnets Baby Boy & Horse Baby Shower Favor Fridge Refrigerator Baby Onesie Cookie Cutter for Baby Boy/Girl Shower Party Favors Chocolate Puzzle Baby Shower Favors - Baby Boy VALUE PACK: Six Dozen (72) Blue Boy Rubber Ducky Birthday Party or Baby Shower Favors "It's a Boy" Blue Baby Shower Favors Charms - Pkg of 24 Charms 
  • Invitations? I am not sure about this as I have to make an effort to meet the guests to give them out. How about a nice graphic e-mail? Wilton Onesie Boy Fill In Baby Shower Invitations Carter Boy Baby Shower Embellished Invitations 8ct
  • Since my daughter is about to celebrate her 3rd birthday soon, I could have a joint party, too. Then the stuff above should be in pink and in blue! Hello Kitty Birthday Party Invitations [8 Per Pack] Princess Personalized Photo Birthday Invitations for Girls Birthday Girls Invitation by Picture Perfect Cinderella Invitations 8ct
  • Here's a page I'd like to keep in mind: Baby Shower 101
That's it! Any suggestions, mommies who had or have organized a baby shower? Since my pregnancy is coming to a close, I'd like to end it with a bang. A maternity shoot is not far from my mind, either. ;-)

4 comments:

  1. i think it would great if you can have a joint celebration! :D birthday and baby shower! :D

    im glad that you are expecting a baby boy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you have some cute ideas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Chris yeah, I think so, too!

    @MH Thanks! I hope it pushes through.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great ideas! What better way to involve your daughter in welcoming her brother than to celebrate her as well. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

You are welcome to say what you think. Do drop by again! Thank you!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin