10 July 2012

Nasolacrimal Duct Obstruction

What is Nasolacrimal Duct Obstruction?

According to the American Association for Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus, Nasolacrimal Duct Obstruction or "Tear duct obstruction prevents tears from draining through this system normally."

More info can be found here on the AAPOS website and here.

via


This was what my third baby was diagnosed with. Her eyelids are sometimes red and swollen, stuck together with yellowish-green discharge. This was congenital so at first I thought it was normal for newborns. But she's already 9 months and it's still there.

The doctor said that 95% of the time, the duct opens before the age of one. I am holding on to this hope and praying that Cayla wouldn't need to undergo Nasolacrimal Duct Probing. Did you see the video on the EyeWiki website? I didn't because I'm very squeamish!

Please pray with me, guys!
Blog Widget by LinkWithin