15 February 2010

Spot the color: Red

For Valentine's Day, Chinese New Year:


We had tocino (sweetened cured pork meat) for breakfast in the morning. 


 

Here's a bouquet of red roses for me. They're not from my hubby Rix, though.
















Some boxes of tikoy or nian gao that is very often seen in households as the Lunar New Year arrives.

We had lunch at S&R and bought a few grocery items. Then we went home to rest for a few hours, then headed out again at around 5 in the afternoon.















My family and I braved the traffic jam and went to the grounds of SM Mall Of Asia. I don't know how long we stayed in the car, I'm glad little Elle didn't get cranky.
















We passed by this building where events are held. I think there was a wedding reception going on there.
















The reason why the traffic was horrible in the area was because it's the first day of the 1st Philippine International Pyromusical Competition. Rix and I wanted to watch some lovely fireworks with Elle. From afar, that is, as we didn't have time to purchase the tickets. After the opening show, we decided to have dinner, and then go home. On the way out it was still very slow, there were so many cars on the road. We got to Wai Ying, a simple Chinese dining place in Manila, quite late and we were already sleepy.

It was a great day, minus the traffic jam, but I think we all enjoyed it. And there was no rain, too! Thank God for a lovely day.

6 comments:

  1. that's a lot of red ceemee LOL but i am glad you had a good one. kami naman we went to clark kaso di namin nakita yung hot air balloon festival ang dami-dami kasing tao!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Madami ring tao? Sayang naman! Sana nakakain kayo ng masarap kahit hindi nyo nakita, hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello are you chinoy like me? Happy Valentines and I love tocino! What brand did you buy? xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! Yup, I am also chinoy. I buy Pampanga's best brand. I only know a few brands of tocino. Happy Valentine's too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Sounds like it was a lovely day from start to finish. I'm sure the fireworks were amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They were! I enjoyed that day!

    ReplyDelete

You are welcome to say what you think. Do drop by again! Thank you!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin