27 April 2012

Me, WOHM to SAHM

Before I became a stay-at-home-mom, I worked as a teller at a bank. When I visit banks or other establishments and see people working, I would suddenly miss being a work-out-of-home-mom. I would miss interacting with different kinds of people, I would miss being of service to them, I would miss attending events like corporate events, I would miss getting incentives for a job well done, I would miss posting transactions until my fingers ache. Those were the days I know I could never go back to. I really didn't think I would be a homemaker although I am not the workaholic type of woman. I didn't think that a cooking lesson could come handy because I was never into cooking and baking and such. But, in my opinion, being a mother is more challenging than working as a bank personnel. After six in the evening, I clock out and don't think about the transactions anymore. As a mom, the "work" never stops, and I have to always think about their well-being. And this would go on for many, many, many years since I could see that even when they grow up, looking after them would still be a priority. 

Working out of home, the advantages include:
  • Fulfillment as a person: being good at something, other than my role as a mother
  • Stimulation of the mind
  • Interaction with different types of people
  • Grown-up conversations
  • Additional income
  • Time for myself or with friends at work
  • Gaining new friends
  • Learning new skills through training
The rewards of staying at home are:
  • Ability to witness my children's milestones
  • Caring for my family's needs myself
  • Learning to cook
  • Pure love packaged as children
  • An excuse to act like a child *laughs*
  • Getting to watch and read fairy-tales again
  • Closeness with the Lord as being a mother needs wisdom and strength from Him
  • Being a better person since I need to set a good example for my kids
  • Being adored, admired, needed. I feel good when my children are so happy to see me and smile at me so sweetly and genuinely. :-)


Blog Widget by LinkWithin