06 December 2012

The Spend-Less Holidays Blog Carnival 2012

Would you believe? It's only 19 days before Christmas! If you are still decorating (raising my hand) or still looking for gifts, and if you want to "spend less while savoring the season", there is a blog carnival hosted by The Frugal Fil-Am and Dainty Mom with insightful posts on how to enjoy a meaningful Christmas without emptying the wallets and piggy banks. Below is the list of the wonderful participants.




Because of these moms, I am now inspired to:
  • Decorate our 3-year-old Christmas tree with our existing decor plus gifted ones, but in new  and creative ways.
  • I also want to incorporate my eldest's toys or works of art into the tree.
  • Scour my old clothes and my babies' pre-loved ones for really nice pieces to sell on eBay.
  • Ask my 5-year-old to help me sort her old toys and choose what we will give to other children in need.
  • Re-arrange our furniture and incorporate Christmas-themed elements onto the surfaces.
  • I am not sure if bazaars still accept concessionaires, but, it's a great idea to also sell stuff or yummy food in a preferred bazaar, and use the money earned to buy affordable gifts in the same bazaar where booth was set up. Saves on gas, too!
  • I once sold Human Nature products at two bazaars so I bought a lot of brown paper bags. I just use these to wrap the gifts, decorate them with nice ribbons that were from cake shops or previous Christmas gifts. I also keep shopping paper bags to use as "wrappers." If the recipient really appreciates what's inside, I'm sure he/she won't mind the wrapper. Plus, it's earth-friendly, too.

4 comments:

  1. spend-less idea is great!
    i also just put up our old christmas tree and and used existing trimmings and added craft made by my kids

    ReplyDelete
  2. I plan to have a Frugal Christmas too. No holiday shopping sprees for me and hubby this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Using toys as xmas tree decors? Why not that's something new :)

    ReplyDelete

You are welcome to say what you think. Do drop by again! Thank you!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin